Child Intelligence Development
If you do not know how to entertain your baby (kid), turn an eye to educational games.
They are designed for the intelligence development and training of thought processes.
They feature targets needed to achieve, i.e. train the child to concentrate attention and develop willpower.
For 0 to 4 month old babies better variants are primarily the following:
- Hang over the baby crib a mobile with toys at a distance of 25-30 cm from the baby's eyes.
Change them periodically for sounding ones (rattles, bells, pipes, tumblers, beepers etc).
After some time, the child will conclude that touching the toy makes it sound.
- Place interesting figurines or drawings on the crib side at a distance of at least 30-35 cm from the baby's eyes, so that it can examine them.
- Place a variety of soft toys around the crib including animals and tumblers. Some of them should be small enough for the baby to grab them.
Characterize each toy.
Keep the toy in front of the baby and turn it in different ways, saying as if you were it : Hey, baby! How are you?
- Put a rag bracelet with a bell on the baby`s wrist or ankle.
- Turn on for the baby Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Schubert, Chopin music, smooth waltzes and slow jazz compositions (for example, by Gershwin), in which the rhythm changes several times.
- Sing to your baby.
For 4 to 6 month-old babies in addition to the above skills it is necessary to develop visual-motor coordination and the skill of grasping.
The baby attempts to see-touch- feel:
- Give the baby special toys designed for chewing, sucking, shoving into the mouth.
- Give the baby rag balls or stripes made of long rectangular scraps with any fillers.
- Give the baby wooden or plastic beads, which it will grab, feel and shake.
- Step aside from the baby and make a sound with a musical toy.
It can be bells, a tambourine, a rattle, a whistle, a drum, a pipe.
Make sure the baby take a look at you. Cover the sounding toy with a handkerchief and make a sound a gain.
Take a short pause and repeat the sound.
Ask the baby:What is it that rings? Where is the toy?
Encourage the baby to crawl to the kerchief and find the object.
For from 7 to 9 month-old babies it is very important to develop physically and mentally.
The baby starts crawling:
Here we need toys developing fine motor skills and tactile sensitivity.
- Give the baby rattles with different handles - in the form of a wand, loop, ring, oval, etc.
Offer to take the toy from different sides.
- Try to talk with the baby as much as possible.
Call all the things used by the baby and you. In the street, show and call cars, birds, animals, flowers.
Comment on the baby`s actions by simple sentences.
- Read and scroll bright and clear-pictured books with the baby for 3-20 minutes.
- Play finger games with the baby.
- Play the sponges, swimming ducks, fish, boats, plastic cups and bottles with the baby, when you bathe it in the tub.
All that can withstand the water procedures is suitable as toys for bath games.
9 to 12 month-old babies get prepared for the first step.
Almost anything laying around the baby can get pleasing and useful to it.
It depends on you how to diversify the manipulation with it.
- Lead the baby in the apartment holding its two hands and then just one. The baby's hands and your fingers must not rise above its shoulders.
It must not hang on your hands, but lean on them.
- Play the pyramid with the baby, showing it how to remove the rings and put them back on the rod.
- Play different-colored cubes, cylinders, cones, pyramids with the baby.
- Put in the box any toy, (ball or other object).
Shake the box in front of the baby. Let it experiment with the box and ask it:
What's inside? What is ringing?
If the baby does not guess itself, open the box, show it, commenting on all your actions.
- Hide a bright ball under one of the caps in front of the baby. Then pull it out, show the baby and hide under the other cap.
Tell the baby to find the toy. It does not matter whether it finds it immediately (if remembered where you hid it) or starts turning all the caps.
When the game bores the kid, complicate it.
Do not show under which cap you hid the toy.
In this case, the baby will have to do a systematic search.
- Give your baby toys-wheelers: cars, little animals, locomotives etc.
Preschool children need to be involved in more complex games for logic and thinking, attention and memory.
- Let the child colorize the coloring papers.
- Play riddles, puzzles and mathematical games with the child.
- Make up puzzles with your child.
Have free time?
Be sure to play cognitive games with the baby or/and child. And your favorite grows developed and smart!